|SAMPLE LEASE AGREEMENT
The Landlord and Tenant agree to lease the Premises at the Rent and for the Term stated herein:
Furnished X Unfurnished ___ Partial ___
Lease date: ___________
beginning:________ ending :_________
Seasonal Rent : _______________
Rental Agent: Lisa Mckenna/Rob Grant & Associates Real Estate
Tenant covenants and agrees as follows:
1. Not to assign this agreement or sublet the demised premises and contents, without written consent of the landlord and/or his agent.
2. To pay all charges of toll telephone calls, that shall accrue or be charged upon or against the demised premises during the said term. To reimburse Landlord for any Pay-Per-View TV rentals incurred during the term of this lease. To permit the Landlord or his or her agents to enter the premises at reasonable hours in the daytime to examine or show same or to make reasonable repairs therein.To make no alterations in or on the premises, nor use them for any purpose other than that of a single family residence without the written consent of the Landlord. To repair any and all damages caused by neglect or carelessness of the Tenant, family, guests or agents to the demised premises.
The Tenant further agrees that the maximum nightly occupancy is limited to _______ persons.
3. At the end or other termination of this lease to make well and sufficiently repair, replace or pay for all furnishings, appliances, equipment and other personal property of the Landlord, etc., now in the demised premises that shall have been lost, destroyed, broken or damaged, otherwise than by reasonable use and wear thereof during the term. Nor to cut or destroy, or permit to be cut or destroyed any trees or shrubbery thereon, and to quit and surrender the premises and furniture, etc., in as good a state and condition as they were at the time of taking possession of said premises, reasonable use and wear thereof and damages by the elements excepted.
Landlord covenants and agrees as follows:
4. To have the premises and contents clean in order for occupancy of said Tenant at the beginning of the term herein stated. To make all repairs to the demised premises necessary to maintain them in good condition, provided however, that such repairs are not the result of neglect or carelessness of the Tenant, family, guests or agents. To see that the premises, (including plumbing, heating, lighting, electrical and roof) are in good condition and free from leaks. And to allow said Tenant, on paying the rent and performing the covenants and agreements herein contained, to quietly enjoy the demised premises, furniture, furnishings, etc., for the term hereby granted.
5. That in case said premises shall be partially destroyed by fire, the same shall be repaired as speedily as possible at the expense of the Landlord. In case the damage be so extensive as to render the premises untenantable, due allowances of rents shall be made for such time as the premises are untenantable. In case of total destruction of the premises by fire or otherwise, the rent shall be apportioned pro rata up to the time of destruction, and any rental paid over such apportionment shall be paid to the Tenant, and this lease shall be terminated at the time of such destruction provided, however, that such damage or destruction be not caused by carelessness, negligent or improper conduct of the Tenant, family, guests or agents.
6. THE ABOVE SECURITY WILL BE HELD BY Rob Grant & Associates Real Estate. The security deposit may be used by the Landlord at the time the unit is vacated by the Tenant on account of breach of any covenant in this lease, or toward reimbursement of the cost of repairing any intentional or negligent damages to the premises beyond normal wear and tear caused by the Tenant, his family, dependents or guests; or charges for cleaning not performed prior to vacating, or other charges owed by Tenant.
7. Landlord agrees the balance after payment of items as provided for above, if any, shall be returned along with an itemized statement of those costs to the Tenant within a reasonable period after tenant vacates premises. In the event a dispute arises pertaining to the security, the broker will continue to hold security until the disagreement is settled between the parties or by means of legal action.
8. The security deposit is neither an advance of rent, nor does it include rent for the last term of occupancy.
9. It is further agreed and understood that Pets are Not Allowed in or on the leased premises and that there shall be NO Smoking inside the home. If Tenant smokes outside the home, cigarette butts shall be properly disposed of. Any violation of this covenant will be considered a breach of this agreement and the security deposit will not be returned.
10. If Tenant has not made prior personal inspection of the leased premises, Tenant acknowledges and agrees to lease the premises "as is" subject to any of facts that a personal inspection would have disclosed. Neither Landlord nor agent shall be responsible for providing any item or service which is present and would have been disclosed by a personal inspection.
"ACTS OF GOD" DISCLAIMER
Rob Grant & Associates will not be held responsible for any "Acts Of God" resulting from weather related events or natural disasters of any kind which may result in the damage to property or disruption of services. Rob Grant & Associates will also not be held responsible for any man made disasters of any kind which may result in the damage to property or disruption of services.
11. The Landlord and Tenant recognize Rob Grant & Associates Real Estate sole broker who brought about this lease, and the Landlord agrees to pay a rental commission to the broker of 20% of the weekly or seasonal rent, or 10% of the monthly rent on an annual lease unless otherwise agreed herein. In the event the party of the second part shall continue as a Tenant or occupant of these premises for a successive period or term, the Landlord, will pay the said broker the usual commission. In the event the Landlord agrees to lease said property directly to a tenant, his agents or assigns, which Rob Grant & Associates Real Estate has secured, currently or in the past, through its marketing and advertising, Landlord agrees to pay the usual rental commission to the broker. In the event of a sale of the premises to the Tenant, his agents or assigns, it is agreed that Rob Grant & Associates Real Estate be recognized as the sole authorized broker and that the usual selling commission shall be paid by the Seller.
12. Other Provisions: Payment Schedule:
_______ non-refundable deposit has been receive on _______
(There is a No Cancellation policy. Your personal check binds this rental AND when the rental agreement is signed by both the property owner and the tenant, your rental is binding and in effect. )
(There are no refunds!) However, if a cancellation is necessary due to an emergency only, all attempts will be made to re-rent. If successful your deposit will be returned less a $250 administration fee. Security deposit in the amount of ______ and ________ as balance of rent is due on or before _______
And it is agreed that the covenants and agreements herein contained shall bind the parties hereto, their heirs, assigns, or legal representatives. As witness whereof the said landlord and the said Tenant have hereunto set their hands and seals the day and year noted below.
TENANT Date LANDLORD Date